When someone asks you, “how do I get started in making apps and using Swift?”, you can point them to Chris Jungman’s
iOS Development Quick-start Guide by inCaffeine Studios
Stanford/ (and 1 of 4 original AppKit developers)Paul Hegarty’s “Developing iOS 8 Apps with Swift”.
If you’re seeing the message “Limited Access” (Windows 8) on trying to connect to our network you might need to check that you’re asking our Wifi router for an IP address.
- Settings–>Control Panel–>Category:Small Icons
- Network and Sharing Center–>Change Adapter Settings
- Select the Wifi Adapter–>Properties (right click)
- Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCIP/IPv4)–>Properties
- Make sure you have “Obtain IP Address automatically” checked
- Also check “Obtain DNS servers automatically” checked.