Interesting videos and animations using data visualization
- A TED talk on the beauty of Data Visualization
- Trulia’s house hunting trends
- Stacked-to-Grouped Bars – an example of some interesting graphs out in
- Real time graph of the wind across the US
An example of an organization using mapping to present data clearly
and concisely. This website is focused on the Amazon region.
- Forbes map of best places to start a company.
- Map of Africa showing the effects of Micro Financing
- NPR’s Population change over time
- Forbes’s Migration of population over the US
Several Gource videos showing the history of Open Source project by
displaying their commit history.
Tools and Toolkits
- Gource – Sotware Version Control visualization
- Logstalgia – Web Access Log Visualization tool
- Beautiful Soup – Python tool to build maps from IRS data
- Leaflet.js – toolkit for creating mobile-friendly interactive maps
- Open Street Maps – An Open Source collection of map data.
- QGIS – Open Source Geographics Information System
- Mapbox – A company using Open Source mapping tools and data to help you build maps.
- Mapbox’s Tile Mill Tools for making various zoom levels of maps
- Mapbox’s Open Street Map interface An interface for working with Open Street Maps
Keya’s slides can be found here