On Fridays at Ideas and Coffee we’ve been having educational events since Sept 2012. Sometimes they are presentations on topics of interest to freelancers, small business owners and entrepreneurs. Sometimes they are working sessions.
The first and third Fridays of the month we have Andrew Stone leading an iOS Workshop that ranges from app idea critique to digging into Objective C and ferreting out code models, or looking for bugs. It’s been really informative!
On the other Fridays we’ve have speakers on topics ranging from Social Media 101 to The Common Pitfalls of Web Design. We also do working sessions for people working with WordPress. You can follow what we’re up to via Meetup. The group name is Friday at Ideas and Coffee.
In several cases we’ve had additional material that’s been made available by the speakers. We’ll be archiving this here.
- Intro to WordPress: A Show and Tell – Jamii CorleyPDF: WordPress Definitions
- From “The pitfalls of webdesign; whether DIY or with a web designer.” — Ken HargisA PDF of this presentation: WebdesignPresentation
- How a wiki can save you time & money and empower your customers – Jamii CorleyHere is A PDF Wiki-Cheat-Sheet
- From “A Tour of CSS” — Chris BurbridgeChris’s blog post All Horses are Red: WordPress CSS for Everyone includes a videoof the presentation and links to many of the excellent tools he mentioned in his talk.
- Slides from Keya Lea Horiuchi’s Introduction to Open Source Data Visualization talk.
- Links from Keya’s Introduction to Open Source Data Visualization talk.