Last night’s WordPress Meetup had lots of useful information at several levels of expertise. We had Alonso and Florian from Hermes Development talk about a plugin they developed to take a static snapshot of a WordPress website, and Brian Stinar of Noventum Custom Software talked about several custom plugins he’s developed. One of these works with CSV files as a flat file database, allowing customers more autonomy when working with their own data. Then the group talked about favorite plugins they used. Here is a summary of some of the plugins that were mentioned. If I’ve missed any please contact me and I’ll add them to the list.
- Static Snapshot – Hermes Development – Grab a static copy of your WordPress website
- CSV tool – Noventum Custom Software – empowering customers to use their own data
- WP Help – Documentation for the dashboard side of WP, using standard WP editor
- Child Themify – Easiest way out there to create a child theme.
- WP Media Category Management – Add categories and Taxonomies to the Media Library
- Enhanced Media Library – Another tool for adding taxonomies to the Media Library.
- Document Gallery – Create a gallery of PDFs as easy as a gallery of pictures.
- Simple Page Sidebars – Adding custom sidebars on a per page basis.
- Public Post Preview – Get anonymous users access to a private post for previewing.
- Gravity Forms – For easily creating forms
- Formidable Pro – Another form creation plugin
- Contact Form – part of JetPack
A tip for using Jetpack in an offline environment:
you can throw this in your wp-config: `define( ‘JETPACK_DEV_DEBUG’, true);`
or you can add this filter to a plugin:
`add_filter( ‘jetpack_development_mode’, ‘__return_true’ );